Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Fernando Torres & Mixtape Banter

Spicy Kung Pow Chicken! I'm sure it'd be Fernando Torres' favourite dish. Maybe a nice paella more likely. Or a clinically efficient Large Ogalo Burger with extra chilli, more than enough flavour to leave you wanting more. Any other thoughts?

That kid can do no wrong. If you've got the time for some more ramblings, please read on.

As I'm sitting here on my 3rd desk of the week, humming in the back of my mind a cross between Lady Gaga and The Specials I had a thought about the good old mixtape. Sharing music to those around you. It was the coolest.

Is Posse the next mixtape?

Mixtapes used to be the cool. They still are if you own and use a walkman. The best way to share music with your mates, play them music they’d never heard of and promote bands that you loved was through the mixtape. The advent of mp3 players and throwaway ringtones disguised as 3 minute songs has killed the mixtape. That’s about to change.


I loved getting mixtapes from my brother in the UK. It was a sign of love, a sign of trust, and a sign of something new I’d never heard of. And I loved it! I’d tell all my friends in the schoolyard about bands thousands of miles away who I knew nothing about. They loved them too. Heard of Nirvana? Mixtape introduced them to me. Heard of Led Zeppelin? Mixtape.


Posse could be the new mixtape. Exposing you to bands you love. Exposing you to bands you’ve never heard of. Posse gives you the chance to promote the bands you love, and the bands you’ll soon love.

Posse is the tool to get involved with something that people of different races, different religions, different hair colours, different clothes sizes all love….. MUSIC.

Posse could well be that new mixtape!!! It's about to launch this Monday and could well provide that arts and entertainment hub we all desperately crave.


If you wanna check out some great new music as well here's the links to enjoy:

Passion Pit

Matt Corby

Washington

Splendour in the Grass




No comments:

Post a Comment