Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Karl Pilkington & Taylor Swift

I'd like to keep my banter somewhat based in the realm of music but I figure I may just ramble on much in the same vain as the fantastic Karl Pilkington. Complete and utter nonsense. At least I don't think I've got a head like an orange. Yet.

Some of you may know I've been working recently on launching Posse. A peer to peer ticketing system. It launched this week with Evermore's upcoming tour. An exciting concept that could develop in to a great tool for promoting shows and discovering new music. Check it out and let me know what you think.

And that segues beautifully into Mixed Netball or Action Ball! More affectionately known as 'stitch-up ball.' I had visions of it being a mix between ice-hockey violent, thunderdome and netball. Instead it's purely netball with men involved.

What's scary is middle aged men who are awesome at 'mixed netball.' Were they given barbie dolls instead of Ninja turtles as kids??? What's even scarier is when one of your male teammates gets asked to trial for the state team. Is that the point in your life where you denounce your manhood and trade your balls in for a decreased price at Cash Converters in exchange for a leotard?

As usual though I've been listening to Taylor Swift all day. Her song writing maturity at such a young age is very impressive. That's actually a serious comment.

For those that haven't had your fix of music and are looking for new stuff you've got to check out these kids. If you haven't already you're a chump:

The Temper Trap

Aeons courtesy of my good pals at electrorash (check out the Evermore remix on the main page. not bad)

Snob Scrilla

Lady of the Sunshine



That's all for now. Soon I'll be throwing up a list of albums for occassions. Obviously Slayer is perfect for that dinner party with the in-laws.

Peace out

Cheeeeeeeeeeeeese

No comments:

Post a Comment